After Hours Crisis Hotline:
SafeHouse Paid Advocate
Title: SafeHouse Advocate
Responsible to: SafeHouse Manager
Primary Objective of Position: Respond to needs of survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and human trafficking staying at the SafeHouse, complete intakes, provide support, advocacy, options, safety planning, referrals and community resources to Safehouse guests, and assist with the day-to-day running of the Safehouse. Advocates will also be expected to answer the phones for business calls as well as the crisis line.
- Provide crisis intervention, support, advocacy, information and referral to SafeHouse guests.
- Answer the phones
- Assist individuals calling the crisis line by validating, safety planning, providing resources as well as screening assessment.
- Assess safety concerns and provide client-centered options to increase safety and stability.
- Assist guests with day-to-day needs of living in SafeHouse environment.
- Conducting pre-admit intakes.
- Provide crisis intervention, safety planning and advocacy for SafeHouse guests.
- Operate Trauma Informed Care in order to provide the best advocacy and support to victims of violent crime.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to support others in crisis with non-judgmental, empathetic response.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds, including guests, victims, family members, law enforcement, staff and other professionals.
- Must be able to understand and follow ATV’s confidentiality policy and other SafeHouse and agency policies and procedures.
- Must be able to handle crisis situations in a calm, productive manor.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, current auto insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must pass a criminal background check; any crime against a person may disqualify you from consideration.
- Degree in psychology, human services, social work or similar field preferred
- Residential experience and/or experience working with domestic violence victims preferred
- 42 hour mandatory victims advocate and DV advocate training- can complete upon hire
We are staffed 24/7. Available positions include:
Full time day Advocate;7am-4pm Thursday-Monday.
Full time evening Advocate: 3:30pm-11:30pm Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday
Part time evening Advocate: 3:30pm-11:30pm Friday and Saturday orSaturday and Sunday and one overnight (11:00pm-7:00am) during the week.
Pay and benefits:
Health and Life Insurance available for full time staff
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
BILINGUAL SPANISH SPEAKING HIGHLY PREFERRED
ATV, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. ATV is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.