What's the meeting for?
We have a number of exciting opportunities for community members to help out with this project. If you have any of the following:
- Writing ability
- Marketing ideas
- Form design skills
- Graphic design skills
- Research ability
- A well developed network
- A desire to help out with a great cause
then we have a way for you to help!
Examples of what you can do
Some community members have asked "what can I do to help?" Here are a few things we have ongoing at the moment:
- Creating lists of building materials for in-kind donation requests
- Creating lists of furniture for in-kind donation requests
- Analyzying the future budget of the Safe House (operating costs, insurance, utilities etc.)
- Writing compelling stories for appeals
- Generating contacts with service organizations (Sertoma, Lions, Knights of Columbus etc.)
- Event planning and staffing
The list goes on but you get the idea... there is something for everyone! No matter how much or how little time you can devote, your effort will be appreciated.
What if I don't have the right skills?
Several people have expressed they feel they aren't qualified but I am confident anyone who desires can help us achieve our goal. Most people who hesitate are worried that we will ask them to go raise money and frankly that's not something most of us can do. Don't worry, there are plenty of things that we need to do that don't require you to cold-call and raise money! If you think you want to help... come find out what you can do.
What will you do?
Ideally you will come to the meeting prepared to jump into one or more subcommittees and learn specific actions you can take. If you aren't able to attend the meeting but still want to get involved please let us hear from you! Send an email to SafeHouse@AlternativesToViolence.org along with a note about which area(s) of focus you are interested in and we will get you plugged in.
Thank you for supporting your community!